- Dry Eye is a very common condition which becomes more common with age, especially in females.
- Up to one third of people over 65 could have Dry Eye Syndrome.
- Dry Eye Syndrome is where the Eyes do not produce enough tears or the tears evaporate too quickly. T
- This can lead to the Eyes drying out and becoming inflamed.
- It is more common in those with connective tissue disorders, in blepharitis and contact lens wearers.
- Symptoms can include, grittiness, soreness, tired, heavy Eyes. Mild sensitivity to light, blurring of vision. It usually affects both Eyes but can be asymmetrical.
- Dry Eye can be treated with drops or gels, Eye masks and lid hygiene.